Subject: Re: Stop Internet Censorship!
From: [email-masked] (Richard L'Hommedieu)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 11:29:46 -0500

At 00:18:24 12Dec95, David Warner wrote:
>
>
>On Mon, 11 Dec 1995 [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> So..How is the Lightwave mailing list affected by this?
>
>The proposed legislation would force Internet Service Providers to
>strictly watch every bit of data that comes through their system for fear
>of some nudy pic falling into the hands of "children"...this means that
>small systems like garcia.com would probably drop mailing list support
>altogether because they just don't have the resources to scan every
>message that comes through their system.
>
>One of the main reasons I love the Internet so much is because it's
>bringing the people of our planet together as a global community for the
>first time in history...right now we communicate on a daily (hourly?)
>basis with people from every corner of the globe...if one nation suddenly
>started placing restrictions on what sort of data could pass through the
>Internet, it would seriously FUCK things up.
>                             ^^^^
>
>How soon before it becomes illegal for me to use THAT word because there
>might be children reading this message???
>
>                                     -David Warner
>
>P.S.  I guess I screwed up again by posting the original message on this
>      list...the responses I'm getting are almost as bad as the ones I
>      received from my 'Nazi Bullshit' message of a few months ago.  =(
>
>
>
Dave:

   I am glad that you have posted that message on this list. If you had not
I would not have been aware of such an important issue. Please do not
hesitate to continue to post such messages that affect us all in such
a profound way.

I for one commend you for your vigilance. I consider the internet to be
a world wide community. I consider any attempt to control that community
is an attack on its sovernty, and well deserves a call to arms to protect
it. The internet is a true democracy, one in which the flow of information
and exchange of ideas flow freely.

Keep up the good work

Rich